Beware Paint Fumes!

Hi there! Thanks for checking out my little space here.
There are probably hundreds of nail blogs out there, many of which are fabulous! So why do my own? Well, number 1: it helps me keep track of what I've done. Number 2: I use mostly inexpensive drug store brands of polish, so anything I have you can easily have too. And number 3: I am not a professional, I make a lot of mistakes! If my struggling and fighting with some designs can make someone else not feel so bad about not getting it flawlessly executed, but still feel like they have a fantastic manicure, then I am a happy girl!

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

A dot dot dot

I have been a total slacker lately. Not necessarily in regards to painting my nails, but in posting the pics of them. No reason for it either, other than I'm a slacker :) 
I had seen a manicure similar on another blog, and liked that it looked like more work than it was. So I decided it was my turn. 
I painted all nails except my ring finger with one coat of Sinful's Snow me White, and one coat of Tokyo Pearl to give the solid, pearly white color. 
My ring finer is Pure Ice's Wild thing, with a coat of Rimmel's Cocktail Colour Cutie Colada. 
All very inexpensive polishes. 

One my nails were dry, I poured out a small pool of black wet n'wild polish that I get around Halloween for $1.
Using my small dotting tool, I began to make clusters of 4 dots in rows. I started in the middle of each nail, then did the cluster above, then the cluster below, and then those on each side. Don't worry too much about spacing, it's ok if they aren't perfectly lined up. Almost all of my clusters ended up being slightly wider than they were tall.
As you can see with the closeup of my thumb, not all dots are the same size, and not all clusters are the same shape. It's ok, that won't be as noticeable with the next step.
Pick however many colors you want for the dots, and pour a small glob of each out. In reality, it is probably best to do one color at a time, otherwise your drops will start to dry, and they'll "string" as you try to leave dots. Then you'll have to pour out more polish. I did them all at the same time because it looks better for the pic. I ended up pouring out more of each color. (I believe in reusing as much as I can, so those old bills are used as my color pallet :) gotta make them useful for something!)

Randomly place dots of each color in the center of the black dots. You can keep the colors in order, or make them completely random, as I did.
This would be a lot of fun to play with variations...make the center dots in each row all one color, or make the center dots black and the base dots multi colored. 


No comments:

Post a Comment