Beware Paint Fumes!

Hi there! Thanks for checking out my little space here.
There are probably hundreds of nail blogs out there, many of which are fabulous! So why do my own? Well, number 1: it helps me keep track of what I've done. Number 2: I use mostly inexpensive drug store brands of polish, so anything I have you can easily have too. And number 3: I am not a professional, I make a lot of mistakes! If my struggling and fighting with some designs can make someone else not feel so bad about not getting it flawlessly executed, but still feel like they have a fantastic manicure, then I am a happy girl!

Friday, June 28, 2013

Made for Summer: Yellow Polka Dot Bikinis

Today is to be the start of the hottest week of the year so far. Over the next six days the temp will increase from 98 today, peaking at about 106 on Tuesday.
With such hot weather, minds turn to stereotypical sunny, summery things to keep cool. And what better personifies that than the itsy bitsy teeny weeny yellow polka dot bikini? Well, I don't have a pool, and I'm not about to prance around at a public pool in that sort of get-up, so what's a girl to do in order to channel that vibe, without inspiring recitations from Moby Dick?
Yellow Polka Dotted nails of course!
To break it up and add a little pop, I painted an accent nail hot pink. I used yellow for the polka dots on the pink, using two different sizes of dots just to keep it different. 
And what is another thing that inspires cool thoughts on a hot day? A Sonic Strawberry Fruit Slush! 


No comments:

Post a Comment