Beware Paint Fumes!

Hi there! Thanks for checking out my little space here.
There are probably hundreds of nail blogs out there, many of which are fabulous! So why do my own? Well, number 1: it helps me keep track of what I've done. Number 2: I use mostly inexpensive drug store brands of polish, so anything I have you can easily have too. And number 3: I am not a professional, I make a lot of mistakes! If my struggling and fighting with some designs can make someone else not feel so bad about not getting it flawlessly executed, but still feel like they have a fantastic manicure, then I am a happy girl!

Monday, June 10, 2013

Polka Dot Gradient Flower Burst Nails

I'm laid up on the couch today, foot elevated and iced because at 2am this weekend I decided that my latent super powers must be kicking and launching myself off the stairs was an AWESOME way to test my skills. By looking at the rather large and ugly splint I am now rocking, it seems pretty obvious that flying is not within my skill set.
Ok, so really I just fell, but testing super powers sounds so much more cool.
So, I am spending as much time as I can with my foot elevated, but I really need to redo my nails. Which means I had to think of something to do that didn't require a lot of skill.
I used a silver polish that only required one coat of paint to be opaque.
Then using my dotting tool, I placed a central dot, and then two successive rows of dots, each row a different color.
With some, I started with the lightest color in the center, and others I started with the dark in the center.
By placing the center dot in different spots on each nail, it gives a bit more visual interest and variety, which can seem lacking with such a simple design.
It is a fun simple design that would work well with many color combinations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment