Beware Paint Fumes!

Hi there! Thanks for checking out my little space here.
There are probably hundreds of nail blogs out there, many of which are fabulous! So why do my own? Well, number 1: it helps me keep track of what I've done. Number 2: I use mostly inexpensive drug store brands of polish, so anything I have you can easily have too. And number 3: I am not a professional, I make a lot of mistakes! If my struggling and fighting with some designs can make someone else not feel so bad about not getting it flawlessly executed, but still feel like they have a fantastic manicure, then I am a happy girl!

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Stamp Plate Experiments

A while ago, I was given a set of stamp plates.
I've had mixed success with them, but haven't made too many attempts at using them.
This weekend I have a charity auction to go to, and decided to use stamped designs for the event.
It is a Masquerade Ball themed event, and I made a mask and decorated some heels to match


So, I need some nails to complement the overall look. 

I started with light pink nails, hot pink fishnet print, with black swirly tips. Then I covered it in iridescent glitter. Because really, doesn't glitter make everything better? 

I wasn't in love with the look, so decided to try hot pink nails as the base.
I stamped on black chevrons, and layered a white floral swirly over it. Then reversed it, and stamped white chevrons with a black floral swirly.
I still wasn't in love with it, so stamped my thumb with white swirlies, and black swirlies.
 I still hadn't found anything that wowed me, so on my left hand I did a different design on each nail.
None of the above are speaking to me, so I'm going to try again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment