Beware Paint Fumes!

Hi there! Thanks for checking out my little space here.
There are probably hundreds of nail blogs out there, many of which are fabulous! So why do my own? Well, number 1: it helps me keep track of what I've done. Number 2: I use mostly inexpensive drug store brands of polish, so anything I have you can easily have too. And number 3: I am not a professional, I make a lot of mistakes! If my struggling and fighting with some designs can make someone else not feel so bad about not getting it flawlessly executed, but still feel like they have a fantastic manicure, then I am a happy girl!

Thursday, May 2, 2013

I think I found it...more Stamping

In the last three days, I've painted my nails 4 times, and done at least a dozen different stamping experiments, trying to come up with something for the auction I am going to this weekend.  (A reminder of the mask and shoes I will be wearing, and want to at least coordinate with.)




I had been doing pink nails, with white and black accents, and decided to go with white nails, with black and pink. I chose a sort of wavy line stamp that I thought would look cool. It did, just wasn't feelin it. On the thumb and ring finger, I painted silver glitter over the white & under the lines. Looked cool, just wasn't what I was wanting.

Finally, I tried a pewter glitter polish as my base, with flowers stamped in pink, then again in white.
The pewter glitter is by Milani called Silver Dazzle, and is a SUPER concentrated glitter! I used two coats for completely covered nails, but could have gotten away with one coat, since I was stamping over it.

You can see the end product, and I really like them! I think this is what I was looking for. So now, hopefully I don't muck them up before Saturday night!

No comments:

Post a Comment